References on finite-difference modeling of wave propagation and full-waveform inversion.
References of the authors of FWT2D.V4.8.
Wave propagation modelling by finite-difference methods
• C. Gelis, D. Leparoux, J. Virieux, A. Bitri, S. Operto and G. Grandjean, Numerical modeling of surface waves over shallow cavities, Journal of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, 10, 2, 111-122, 2005 .
• B. Hustedt, S. Operto and J. Virieux, A multi-level direct-iterative solver for seismic wave propagation modelling: space and wavelet approaches, Geophysical Journal International, 155, 953-980, 2003 .
• S. Operto, J. Virieux, P. Amestoy, J. -Y. L’Excellent and L. Giraud, 3D finite-difference frequency-domain modeling of visco-acoustic wave propagation using a massively parallel direct solver: a feasibility study, Geophysics, Preprint (PDF) .
Frequency-domain full-waveform inversion
• J. -X. Dessa, S. Operto, S. Kodaira, A. Nakanishi, G. Pascal, J. Virieux and Y. Kaneda, Multiscale seismic imaging of the eastern Nankai trough by full waveform inversion, Geophysical Research Letters, 31, L18606, 2004 .
• C. Ravaut, S. Operto, L. Improta, J. Virieux, A. Herrero and P. Dell’Aversana, Multiscale imaging of complex structures from multifold wide-aperture seismic data by frequency-domain full-waveform tomography: application to a thrust belt. Geophysical Journal International, 159, 1032-1056, 2004 .
• S. Operto, C. Ravaut, L. Improta, J. Virieux, A. Herrero and P. Dell’Aversana, Quantitative imaging of complex structures from dense wide-aperture seismic data by multiscale traveltime and waveform inversions: a case study. Geophysical Prospecting, 52, 625-651, 2004 .
• S. Operto, J. Virieux, J. X. Dessa and G. Pascal, Crustal-scale seismic imaging from multifold ocean bottom seismometer data by frequency- domain full-waveform tomography: application to the eastern Nankai trough, Journal of Geophysical Research, 111, B09306, 2006.
• M. Malinowsky and S. Operto, Quantitative imaging of the Permo-Mesozoic complex and its basement by frequency domain waveform tomography of wide-aperture seismic data from the Polish basin, Geophysical Prospecting, 56, 805-825, 2008.
• F. Sourbier, S. Operto, J. Virieux, P. Amestoy and J. -Y. L’Excellent, FWT2D: a massively parallel program for frequency-domain Full-Waveform Tomography of wide-aperture seismic data - Part 1: algorithm. Computer & Geosciences, 35 (2009), 487-495.
• F. Sourbier, S. Operto, J. Virieux, P. Amestoy and J. -Y. L’Excellent, FWT2D: a massively parallel program for frequency-domain Full-Waveform Tomography of wide-aperture seismic data - Part 2: numerical examples and scalability analysis. Computer & Geosciences, 35 (2009), 496-514.